Saturday, February 24, 2007

NBBC Crisis

Well, there have been numerous crisis here at school this year...

Crisis #1: Last semester, we had a toilet paper crisis. For some reason the girl's dorm kept running COMPLETELY out of toilet paper! I stopped drinking water because I wasn't about to use the kleenex box our room leader had sitting next to the toilet! One night I found myself going door to door asking people if they had an extra roll of toilet paper they'd be willing to part with. I was almost all the way to the other end of the hall before I found one and then on my way back to my room I was attacked by one of my friends (true story) and had to fight to keep it...I won... Not long after, the girls dorm had a new rule: "if, while checking rooms, an RA found more than 2 rolls in your room at a time, u would receive demerits!" AGH! I suddenly felt obsessive compulsive about having TONS of toilet paper rolls and hiding them under my bed! Then I started sleeping and studying in front of our bathroom door so no one would steal ours (actually, i didn't do that,...but it crossed my mind). Anyways, this is what I envision for girls' dorm bathrooms next year:(ps. somehow this semester this is not a problem and for that I am truly thankful, but I enjoy all the toilet paper holders we installed anyways) j/k! heehee!

Crisis #2: THIS semester, the campus store has officially and permanently locked and blocked what used to be the main entrance of their store. Because it is blocked we now have to walk at least 15 steps farther - no big deal really - except those 15 steps are not shielded by the building from the sharp and biting wind that takes your breath away (and ruins your hair, I might add) as you come around the corner of the building to use the side entrances which are now the only available options. Also, sometimes I end up wasting time in there pretending to shop because I was going to go out that door, forgot it "didn't work", and then felt too stupid to turn around right away and walk out, so I have to pretend I went in there for a purpose. I was actually buying a book in there one day when I overheard the person in front of me talking to the cashier about why the door is now closed. It is blocked to minimize theft and all the traffic in and out the door was letting in too much cold air. Well, I guess they have good reasons, but all the same, I sure do miss that door!


Well, I also want to say "YAY" for an old crisis that has been wonderfully taken care of as of the beginning of this school year. Northland repaved ALL their roads and the girls no longer have to walk across a lake of mud and yuck in the springtime. I have been especially thankful for it since we've had a taste of spring this past week - got up to 50 degrees on Tuesday , it was wonderful! - and all our snow has been melting (though I hear we're in for it this weekend or coming week). I found an actual picture of our campus online, so for those of you who have never been here to visit me, this is where I am!! :) Come see me soon! ;) Heehee!
ps. I don't want to be a complainer, I just found some humor in these things. hope u got a laugh, too! :)

3 comments:

jules said...

all things that i got to experience last weekend... :) well, minus the toilet paper, thankfully!lol! that was HILARIOUS to read :D

Tara said...

That was hilarious!!! I love the toilet paper story!!! I can just see you fighting in the hall with your friend for a roll of toilet paper! :-D I totally agree with about the campus store door! I never went in the other one unless I was coming from that direction! When you walk around that corner, the wind not only messes up your hair, but it nearly blows it right off your head! Not a pretty sight!! :D

The Horaks said...

Haha!! Loved reading your versions of each of these 'problems!' ;) You are so funny! I like the arial shot of campus. You can see my apartment building really well. How cool is that?! ;) And look how far it is from where I live to where I work! Poor me!