Sunday, February 25, 2007

Big Air 2007 Team Xtreme!

On the weekend of February 8 - 10, the first weekend of snow camp, I had the privilege of counseling. I admit that at first I wasn't really looking forward to dedicating my weekend to it because I had a lot on my plate with school and church stuff, but as soon as I got my first campers I was COMPLETELY pumped about it. I ended up with the best cabin - I'm absolutely sure of it! The Lord helped me to remember each of their names and who's name was who's right from the start - which is not normal for me - and all the girls bonded really well! In the short time that it was, the Lord provided time for me to meet with each of them one on one and a couple of the girls made decisions for the Lord through the preaching of Will Galkin - the evangelist for the week. Friday night there was a banquet for all the campers and they had "open mic night," which was a contest for whatever cabins wanted to put together a poem/cheer and perform it in front of everyone together. Well, this is what we came up with:
First we sang:
"Our team has a first name,
It's E-X-T-R-E-M-E
Our team has a second name,
It's O-R-A-N-G & E
Oh we love to scream and shout and cheer
whevener orange is near...
cause team Xtreme has a way with
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!"
Then we cheered something - i can't remember how it went, but all the girls put their heads together and made it up and it turned out awesome! During final scoring our cabin was announced as the winner for the cheer, and then our team Xtreme was announced winner of the weekend! We were all so excited!! :) If you could say a prayer for "my girls" after reading this post I would appreciate it. They were all very good girls - definitely some hard home situations, but they all seemed pretty tender to the working of the Lord in their hearts. And just to pray for all the snow campers in general. The first weekend, the weekend I got to counsel, was the biggest weekend of Snow Camp Nland has ever had, I guess, and then there were 2 more weekends of it after that. It's been fun to see a bunch of kids running around campus! It made me all excited for summer camp!! :)
(here's our silly picture):
















(left to right starting at the top):

melanie, cindy, me, erin
jenn, larissa, jing, laura, sarah, and joannah

1 comment:

The Horaks said...

I'm so glad you got to counsel for Snow Camp, Jess! I know that those girls just loved you!