Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My "Sweethearts"

My first day of work at Woodland Manor, Mr. Lyle Wright introduced himself as Mr. Wright, "cause I'm always right," he said. So when he moved up to the nursing home floor while I was at school last year :(, he gave me a stuffed animal when I came back to visit that he won in bingo "for remembrance" and I named it Mr. Wright. (I think I have a stuffed animal from ALL the guys in the nursing home who have won bingo!) Heehee! I visit him every time I'm home since he doesn't live where I work anymore. He's a sweetie - like a Grandpa!
This is "my Ervin." He made me yet ANOTHER puzzle as a surprise while I was at school last semester. This time he made a Case International puzzle and framed it really sharp! - I guess he's been hunting one down for awhile now and this one really is perfect. I meant to get a picture, but never did before I came back here...I will! He also had some Case suspenders he got to impress me. I guess he wore them the whole first week of my Christmas break, but I never came in to visit or work because I was sick :( When I worked Christmas day he was sure to show them to me. He's a major John Deere fan, but he knew my dad, and knows how much I am loyal to Case IH, so he's always doing sweet things like that. The puzzle is special because it was made with love by Grandpa Ervin, but also because it reminds me of my Dad. God is so good to bring sweet people along like Ervin, and to add little things in life that are special and heartwarming...something that seems so small, but means so much.

3 comments:

jules said...

jess, that was the sweetest post. i loved it. (very cute pictures, too - ervin is such a sweetie!)

Anonymous said...

I just want to tell you that Mr. Wright and Ervin are still always asking about you, Jessie!! They are looking forward to you coming home again soon (ME TOO!!)---in just 38 days!!!! Hey---maybe I should make THEM a flip chart!!!!! :D They really are the sweetest men and they truly love their Jessica!! Love, Mommy R.

The Horaks said...

Haha!! Mom, you really should make them a flipchart! That would be hillarious! Jess, I always love hearing about your job and it's been fun to get to meet some of these wonderful people! God is using you! Love you!