Sunday, February 11, 2007

Happy BELATED Birthday, Jason!



I never blogged for Jason's birthday, either, but for Jason's birthday, we all worked it out to be home together again except for Jenn and Jordan :( The twist to this - well, actually there were a couple twists - was that it was a complete surprise to Mom that any of us were coming! I found a ride to the cities, Laura's dad gave us a ride to Owatonna, and then Amy's uncle gave us a ride to Blue Earth where I met up with Jason and Julia who had come up from Iowa and were hanging out at Justin's till I got there. We drove home but waited at the side of the road outside the driveway so that when mom was pulling into the driveway after work, we turned on our blinker, too, and drove in right behind her. The funny thing was that I was on the phone with her the whole time pretending I was at school still, so all the sudden she was just like, "Jessie, someone's following me into the driveway..." and then we pulled up next to her and she dropped the phone and her jaw. haha! It was so fun to surprise her! Then we carried our stuff inside and were talking in the kitchen when I decided I better call Julie since it hadn't worked out for her to come - or so i thought, and i wanted her to know we were thinking about her and missed her. We were talking and all the sudden she asked me to go upstairs to mom's bathroom to see if mom had a certain lotion cause she wanted to get her some more if she was out. For some reason this didn't seem wierd to me that I needed to check it out "right now" but I went upstairs, opened mom's bathroom door, and there was JULIE! We both tried not to squeal with excitement, and then it took me a whole half hour to get everyone else to come upstairs without telling them why. The line "let's go to bed" isn's very exciting or convincing. I could tell more details of the story that are pretty funny, but this is getting long already. Needless to say, Mom was VERY surprised! We ALL ended up being surprised! We had a party for Jason planned for the next night and had a bunch of old friends over. We spent the majority of the night addicted to playing Family Feud, guys against girls, we couldn't turn it off till after nidnight. Haha! Happy Birthday, Jason! You're the BEST brother in the WHOLE world!

3 comments:

The Horaks said...

I wanted to be there for that SO badly! It sounds like it was SO MUCH FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

that was definitely the weekend full of suprises!! i love suprises! :) FUN!!

jules said...

...and he's so cute :)
that was such a fun time!!