Friday, March 31, 2006

The Real Winners!




Here are the winners ;) I took an extra close up of the best clay sculpting each of us did. My dog looks like just a blob in the picture because it's all black, but it's supposed to be a dog rolling on it's back :) It really is a winner!! I promise! hee, hee! Julie's little girl is so cute! (it reminds me of those people you collect from hallmark, Julia - I can't think of what they're called - that's gonna bug me ;) Anyways, Grandma's rose was really neat! I wish you could see that one better, too, she had it rolled so that it looked perfect! The candy shop was one I made. Julie handed me a bunch of construction paper and told me that I had to make a picture of a boy and girl walking together holding a balloon, and to try to make it 3D. Well, it was too hard to make anything about the actual kids 3D without them looking silly; therefore, (do you like my transitional word?...I had too many "so's" in a row) there was just a 3D balloon, so I just kept embellishing till it came out looking like this with an awning (sp?), side walk, flower pots, bags of candy, "real" hair on the girl, and m and m's by the shop name. I got a little carried away - but had plenty of time - because Julie spent that whole time glueing (sp? - man I'm really struggling with spelling tonight! ;) her popsicle stick box! haha! (did you ever make a top for it jules?) And I was entertaining mom and grandma - they kept making fun of my picture, which actually ended up turning out pretty neato, huh, girls? ;) hee, hee! j/k! But I think the real winner was Julie's foil ostrich! hahahahahaha! It still makes me smile when I look at the picture! It was funnier in real life, but I was thrilled it would actually stand for me to take its picture! Thanks for the fun art classes, Jules! (I guess that helps make up for some of the play dough days we missed in kindergarten, mom, but I think I still have at least 4 that I never got to do...and I know Jenn and Jules have some, too! We're still keeping track!) Haha! Anyways, it made for a very memorable spring break, Jules - very memorable! Lots of "pickles" and "whoopsy doos," right Grandma? Hee, hee! Wow - I don't think we've ever had so many slumber parties in a row - you're the coolest Grandma ever to let us keep you up till 1 every night! We just couldn't get enough of all the fun with rummikub, dominoes, and art! haha! (this summer, Jason, we can make you some art for YOUR office ;) Okay, this is a long post, I'll stop babbling now. Miss you all! :) Thanks for all the fun!

1 comment:

jules said...

that was so funny! u sure did blab a lot, but for a worthy cause ;) i loved reading that post, kiddd! hahaaa!