Monday, September 01, 2008

Back to School

Add 3 more books to that pile of fat books and it will equal my stack for the semester. I cannot believe how quickly the summer has passed!Classes started at Presentation last week and already the HW seems quite demanding. (Even at this moment it is looming over my head - but I have decided to take a short break in order to blog about it...to get it out of my system ;) Haha!) It amazes me that I am already entering my second year of nursing! After each class description on our first day, the nerves of each member of my sophomore class were heightened. It takes only a low C in two classes for one of us to be eliminated from the program. We are all nervous and excited at the same time. We have a long way to go in the process of overcoming those nerves in order that we may be that calming presence we must one day be for our future patients. The long road ahead is a comfort in that way - we have time to overcome these fears and to learn all that is necessary to be the best nurse we can be both in practice and compassion. I am thankful to have already befriended so many in my class. We have all made a pact to help each other along when the going gets tough. Above all, however, I am thankful I have the help of my Heavenly Father. He is here to help me along at all times and has never failed me when the going gets tough. It is He Who has led me down this path, and it is He Who will lead me through to the end and beyond. My prayer is that I will rely on Him through it all - even before 'the going gets tough'. (Like the song: "Lord I need You when the sea of life is calm, O Lord I need You when the wind is blowing strong. Whether hard times come or cease, keep me always on my knees...") I also pray that I will have boldness to share Christ with my classmates. He has placed me here for reasons beyond a nursing degree and I do not want to miss out on those lessons, blessings, and opportunities simply because my priorities were out of line. John 15:4 - 5, 7 -8, 12, 16 - "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. I am the Vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing. If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit...This is My commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you. Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit..." Most of you who read my blog know me quite well, and I ask that if you already pray for me - please add these requests to your list. There is no way I can do any of this on my own! Thank you! :)

4 comments:

jules said...

i'm praying! YOU CAN DO IT! dependence on God and consistency in prayer will get you through along with all your hard work that you're responsible for. i love you so much, and i'm so proud of you :)

Paula said...

I'll definitely keep praying for you, Jessica. :) That said, chin up and good luck with classes this semester - as long as you are dedicated to your work and keep your eyes on God, you'll continue on being awesome. :D

Take care of yourself, too! :D

The Horaks said...

I'm praying for you Jess! I think you are so right that God has put you at Presentation for a very specific purpose! I love you! And I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I never saw this post until tonight!! What a blessing it was to read---I am praying much for you, Jessie!!! The LORD has BIG plans for you as you learn to be a nurse and beyond!! Keep working hard---the LORD is at your side and HE will see you through!!! I am so proud of you---I love you!! Love, Mommy