Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Visit to Jordan and Jenny's!

Upon arriving at Jennifer and Jordan's Saturday morning we girls spent the first couple hours talking and catching up. We got a tour of the apartment - it is SO nice! I would link you to pictures on Jennifer's blog, but they have since hung pictures and decorated more as well as gotten bedroom furniture, so I will wait for her to blog updated apartment photos. Jordan came home around 2 in the afternoon with their new puppy, Macy! She is absolutely and perfectly adorable! Much of our weekend was spent playing with her - she's easy to get attached to, and quickly gives you the desire to have a puppy of your own! (of course, I am content with Josie...) Heehee! I am looking forward to seeing all she can do when Jordan is through training her - she will be a pretty amazing dog!Isn't she cute!? Lots of people are saying she looks like the Joker on 'The Dark Knight' - I think that is just cruel. She is cute. He is scary. But she does have pretty cool black lipstick ;)The proud Master! :) These are only 2 of the many kids who have befriended Macy - she is already a favorite among all the neighbor kids!We girls went shopping Saturday afternoon. We each found a steal at New York & Company, but otherwise just had fun trying things on and browsing around at all the neat stores. West Des Moines has everything!Cute coats, huh? It gets better...They have hot pink silk lining!...unfortunately they were too expensive.We found a friend outside of build-a-bear.
While walking through Dillard's, Mom commented on the ugliness of these sweater dresses w/leggings. Jennifer and I immediately communicated by look to play as if we thought they were cute and wanted to get them. Mom couldn't believe it and was trying to talk us out of it! We then started laughing and told her we were kidding and thought they were ugly, too. We decided to try them on for laughs and while we were picking them out a lady walked by and looked at mom like, "Are they serious?!" Haha! I guess we're not the only ones to think this style is pretty wacky!Haha!Mom & Jenny
When we got home we showed Jordan what Aunt Jessie got for Macy - he wasn't too impressed.
Isn't she such a pretty little lady? Heehee! :)Sunday we got to visit the church Jenny & Jordan have been attending. Awe - aren't they such a cute little family? :)
Thanks for letting us come visit, JoJe! We miss you guys already! and I can't wait to come back down in just a couple days! YAY!

4 comments:

jules said...

o i'm SO glad you took so many pictures AND that you blogged them! you are turning into a picture freak like me ;) (or i should almost say like i used to be :( boo)
anyway!
makes me miss you even more - can't wait til you come visit me! xo

Anonymous said...

What a FUN weekend!!! We had so much fun talking, shopping, eating, shopping, playing with Macy, shopping, eating, and (of course) shopping!!! :) It was so much fun to be with Jenny and Jordan---Good pictures, Jess!! :) Love, Mom R.

The Horaks said...

That was SO FUN, Mom & Jess! I loved looking at all your pictures, Jess! I wish I wasn't so behind in getting them up on my blog! :P O well! Macy's worth it! Haha! Thanks for coming to visit, girls!

Anonymous said...

This is just sooo fun looking at all your pictures, Jessie!! It is now 10:30 p.m. and I've been having such joy catching up on you girls' latest blogs tonight. I've been away from my computer all last week so I could attend the Revival meetings at my church. Fantastic meetings and Revival Choir. Thanks for sharing all your sweet and fun times. Love you, Granddaughter!! Gr'ma