Friday, September 26, 2008

Fairfax Days

A month ago I was able to make a trip down to IA to visit Jordan and Jennifer. The nice thing about my school schedule this semester is that my weekend starts on Thursday morning...so I left Thursday after class and found my way to West Des Moines driving all by myself (that is an accomplishment in and of itself :) heehee! I've never been good with directions, but Jennifer explained them so clearly! She could be the GPS lady!) I made it just in time to see The Dark Knight with Jennifer. Batman is my favorite super hero - especially Christian Bale Batman (heehee!), but I must say I was disappointed in the course of events in the second movie! I'll just stick with Batman Begins and pretend The Dark Knight never existed unless they make a third that redeems the series. (much like you have to do with the Anne of Green Gables series: the 3rd one simply does not exist...if it does - that is NOT Anne of green gables, it's just some other movie that Megan Follows is in).
Anyway, Friday morning Jennifer and I went out for breakfast at Panera. She blogged while I did some HW so I could relax and have fun the rest of the weekend.
Jordan, Jenny, Macy and I met JaJuKa and the Horaks in Fairfax for a couple softball games. This is a picture of our cheerleader section. Our team won the first game but lost the second :((small picture of Jason pitching- it was the best I could steal from I can't remember who - heehee!)I think we lost the second game because Jason - the pitcher - ended up getting his hand broken when he was hit by a line drive. Someone else had to fill in - but they just weren't as good as him :)
Saturday morning we headed into Fairfax again for the Fairfax Days Parade! JaJuKa, Mrs. Pliscofsky, and I walked in the parade for Guaranty Bank and threw out Bracelets and Beach Balls (which were the hit of the parade - people were willing to do about anything to get one! haha!) Kaden was a hit, too, in his little wagon being pulled by "Little G." He is simply the cutest little boy EVER! Two more softball games followed the parade, and our team won both - winning the tournament! Julia made the winning catch for the first game, and Jordan for the second. YAY!We had a grill out that evening at Jason and Julia's and then stayed out in their front yard to enjoy the Fairfax fireworks (their 4th of July celebration had been postponed due to the flooding this summer)Sunday morning, we went to church with the Horaks in Monticello and had a picnic at a beautiful garden park for lunch. Above is a picture of the Horak clan - Luke and Anna came, too!(Mr. Horak had to work that weekend, so we didn't really get to see him at all) :(Anna and I had a lot of fun hanging out together that weekend, especially while watching the fireworks! She was so nice to let me stay in her room! Thank you, Anna! I hope to see you again soon!We stopped by JaJu's after we left the Horaks. Julia had made a cake to celebrate her Mom's Bday. However, she had run out of cake candy alphabet letters, so she could only make the cake say "I love you, birth mom" instead of Happy Birthday, Mom! Mrs. P's response: "As opposed to your other mom? - being who?" HAHA!We stopped by a gas station on our way back to JoJe's so Macy could take a little "break" ;) Jenny and I spotted a cowboy statue on the other side of the parking lot. I asked Jordan if we could go look at it, just in case it was John Wayne (the reason for my infatuation w/Cowboys and Westerns). Jordan was nice to humor me, so we walked over. But it was soon obvious that this guy was no John Wayne - in fact he had absolutely no name or information. He was simply a tree man with no gun or horse, yet holding a saddle...hmmm...I took a picture with him anyway.Before turning in for the night, Jenny and I realized we hadn't taken any pictures together all weekend! :( So we took one right outside the apartment. We both definitely look like we've a had a day...but it's all we've got ;) I even still have my dangly black Sunday earrings on with my super casual outfit. O well. That's kind of a Sunday routine for me - I always change my earrings throughout the week, but for some reason I can never remember to change my earrings on Sunday afternoons.
Monday morning we had to say goodbye :( That's always hard to do. Thanks for letting me stay with you guys! I had SO much fun!On my way home I met Jules (who had been at home visiting Mom for the weekend) for brunch in Albert Lea. (or as Julia would say, Albert Leah - haha!) I got there first and found this cute little Lakeside cafe. We met at the mall first and did some shopping, then came here to eat. We ate outisde on their cute little shaded chairs and tables with a beautiful view of the lake! I love lakes!
We each ordered a yummy drink, but I ordered the biggest cinnamon roll I've ever seen in my entire life (it reminded me of the ones they used to serve at The Barge at the Lake of the Ozarks - us girls always ordered the cinnamon roll and they were SO delicious!) I ate the whole thing! Haha! We had such a good time together including a good sister talk and then parted ways once again. I miss you so much, Jules! Come visit SOON!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun and LONG post :D You had a busy weekend, you little social butterfly ;O) I am so glad you came to Fairfax days. It was a lot of FUN!! Love you.

The Horaks said...

You were such a lucky girl that weekend getting to see EVERYONE including Julie and Mom! That was such a fun weekend, though! I'm glad you came!! :)