Thursday, August 07, 2008

4th of July Weekend in IA

After the 4th of July picnic at the church and all the fireworks, Mom and I packed our bags to head off to Iowa with the rest of the family! It's become a tradition the past few years to get together with all the family for the weekend of the 4th! It's always so much fun!Julia's college friends, Jessica and Emily were able to be there, too! They were glad to all be together again! And I was glad to see them again as well - they're such sweet girls!Kaden was having fun with Aunt Jenny here and giving her all sorts of smiles! I was able to get some good pictures and video! :)Kaden with Uncle Jordan - isn't it such a cute picture!?The weather was perfect for being outside. We girls were out on the deck talking where we had a good view of the boche ball game :)Jenny and Julie - cool aunts! ;)Mom & Jason being silly...and being normal :)I got a good picture of Jules watching The World's Most Extreme Videos show...she looks to be a bit horrified (this is why we don't have cable at home) haha!Then I started laughing at my timely snapshot and she got suspicious that I had caught her in her horror. Jordan assured us they would not be allowed to show these videos if the people actually died, so that made it a little better...however, between Jules and I we sure got in our share of gasping for however long that show was on! Here she is smiling...all better! :)Jordan's game face...or maybe it's his don't you dare walk in front of my game face. Heehee!Jenny and Jordan went back to the Horaks, Emily went back to Alabama, Jessica went back to Wisconson, and the rest of us went out to Texas Road House. Mmmm...Doug & Jules <3Jules & I (after trying to take a picture about 5 times, we finally got one before Jason could stick his "bunny ear" fingers in front of the camera! Haha!)The cutest little family ever - This was right before we pulled away. It's always so hard to leave them!

2 comments:

jules said...

fun time :) it's exciting to look back at all we've done this summer - really never a dull weekend!!! fun blogging, kiddd!

The Horaks said...

That was fun! I liked your caption on Jordan's game face! Haha! :) Love you!