Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympics VBS Final Program Night

Focus on the FinishJules & I. Julie was the mastermind behind the decorating (below) - doesn't it look fabulous!?The stageFor the final program, the kids sang (Lift God's Word, Bend in prayer, and Walk God's Ways) and said their memory verse: II Timothy 4:7, 8 - "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing." Mr. Pankonin then gave a quick overview of what the kids had learned about Saul/Paul this summer and then presented the various awards. The kids sat down while we all enjoyed the final skit after which Evangelist Joe Mark, our special speaker for the revival meetings that week, presented the gospel to all that were there. Afterwards, the skit guys volunteered to be dunked in the dunk tank by whoever wanted to take a turn! We were all thankful for the nice weather, because the forecast had been questionable. Mom & Mrs. Clay (we had just finished singing White Christmas (amongst ourselves aways from the crowd, of course) for old times' sake - I must say, it made Christmas feel a little too close! After all, summer break was just about to start for me and now is already almost over!)Adrian & TristanMisty & RaelynnJordan - he kept hiding from the camera, but I somehow captured a great picture of him! You can't get any smilier than that! :)Tristan & Skyler (Skyler had also gotten saved that night! Pastor had been his counselor at camp a couple weeks prior and was able to lead him to the Lord that night after the meetings. Praise the Lord!!!! Our greatest privilege in serving Christ is to bring others to the saving knowledge of Him.)
I love all these kids SO much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soo excited about Skyler! I love that kid!! God is so good. THanks for ministering to all these kiddos Jess.

The Horaks said...

It looks like your summer program was amazing! What a lot of kids! :) It makes me miss Granada so much!!! I'm so glad you girls get to be so involved! You are making such a huge difference in the lives of those kids!