Saturday, August 23, 2008

Martin County Fair

Here's some pix from the County Fair this year. I am working on uploading a video, but am having blogger troubles for now. Jules and I went in the evening after she got done with work. The fair is always a highlight of our summer!Here we are before we leftThe Buckinghams singing "Happy Together" After the first song they sang, the little guy on the left (I don't know his name, cause they're a 60's group - a bit old for me ;) said "Boy, I love New York!" Right away I knew what he was doing (I was wearing and I Love NY shirt) and He started talking to Jules and I and teasing us for coming in late. Heehee! I was going into this story, but it keeps deleting that part of my post every time I publish it, so there's the jist. Thanks for my shirt, Laura!
(I'm leaving that I was wearing an I love....because otherwise it won't post. tacky, i know)
(I was wearing an I <3>

Here we are listening for awhile. Even though he called us out for being late, we snuck out early when he wasn't looking cause we wanted to hit the rest of the fair before the night was over!

We went through all the animal barns, wished for some horses, and on our way back to the food (cheese curds - the best fair food ever!) we stopped to guess the weight of this bull to win $50 - isn't he huge!?! Jules guessed, but this is no ordinary cow, so I had no clue what to guess!...and at the end of the week we never got a call, so I guess we didn't win. boohoo :(

On our way to some rides! There's the ferris wheel! Isn't it pretty with all the lights!?
And here we are ON the ferris wheel. The creepy carny kid tried to grab my hand when I gave him my ticket and every time Jules and I came around the bottom we could hear them talking about/to us, so instead of having the enjoyable ride we usually take on there every year for the view, we were really just ready to go on to the next ride. Stupid kids. Here's Jules, anyway. Isn't she cute!? I deleted the pic of me cause it was ugly. That's the nice thing about being the only person with a camera at an event - the power to keep and delete pix! Heehee!


And here's a picture of the view! It's kind of dark, but it's the only one without motion fuzz. I'm not a photographer. The main ride you see (in the middle) is the Zipper! THAT is our favorite ride at this fair. It's here every year and it's a blast! I always determine not to scream, but it's S-O-O-O scary! :) Heehee! Thanks so much for going to the fair w/me, Jul! It was the perfect sister date!



4 comments:

jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jules said...

hahaaa! those were me :) sorry kiddd.
great post! it was such a great night, and i have enjoyed looking at our whole 3-day fun-filled weekend pictures, thinking back to all the good times. i loved the summer home with you! now come visit me here soon! XO

The Horaks said...

It was so fun to hear all about your special time at the fair! :)

BTW, you shouldn't have deleted the picture of yourself!!! I don't think you ever look ugly in pictures...you are very photogenic!