Saturday, October 17, 2009

Autumn Days Grow Shorter...

I debated posting any pictures of fall because my fall post from last year was up for so long...but, I love fall too much to not share some of the pictures I've already taken of it's beauty so far this year. Most of the colors have vanished now that the temperatures have dipped below freezing at least a couple times and some snow (now melted) has weighted down many of the leaves that were still hanging on.
Today I had a free day for working on school, studying for my SS lesson, and trying to get over this cold! I made my first mug of hot chocolate complete with marshmallows and have been working to the sound of the crackling wood wick candle (notice the duck tape to keep it from cracking any further - haha!) and keeping warm under my big fuzzy green blanket - so cozy!
Main street of our cute little town! This is the south end right after Creamery St., and, yes, the break in the trees at the end is the north end of town - it's that small :)
I thought the railroad tracks in Granada looked so pretty with the first snow of the year barely coating them. This is all the farther Josie can walk these days...in her younger days we used to walk all the way to Sparks Dr. - this year was the year we had to make the adjustment in our walking routine. Poor Jo :(
These trees are actually nowhere near home, but are the ones that surround the junkyard on the way to Mankato. The pop of color really catches your eye, so I had to take a picture. Plus, I had to take a picture for my friend because I guess her mom is the one who planted them! There's a whole row going the other way as well. Aren't they so pretty!?
Here's our little array of color in our own backyard...still really green, right?
Not anymore! The very next day we got all this snow! It was so pretty and exciting! (although it did seem to cut fall very short...I'm looking forward to Indian summer!) Mom and I were really in the Christmas mood that day - we had to help keep each other strong in resisting the urge to start decorating for the holidays!
Josie's morning stretches. Heehee! See the big snow flakes falling!? This is on my way down to feed her breakfast and take pix of all the snow!
Our pretty home :)
My cutie dog who's getting her golden bear fur for the winter - doesn't that picture just make you want to hug her!? Well...she won't let you, right mom? Haha!
She sat and looked at me like that forever when I walked in and sat on her bed of hay. Sometimes she won't go into her barn and then I start to get nervous that there's maybe some other animal in there! (yet another reason that I finally cleaned her barn out - I had to eliminate nooks and crannies for scary homeless visitors) So I took her picture - she looks like a calendar dog!
Just thought I'd let you all know, I did finally get a picture with Josie after all our efforts - not too good, but it works. Haha!

Happy Fall to one and all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!! NICE pix jess!!! Makes me glad to be in Granada---so cozy and homey!! ;) Love you! MOM

Sara Marie said...

I love that picture of you and Josie...the tongue makes it fun to look at! I also like the "Calender Josie"!

jules said...

FUN PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!! i love seeing the snow, of course, and seeing the trees changing colors makes me MISS FALL!!!! :( even all the fun scarves and coats, i just plain old miss it. thanks for posting those!!!
xo

Jess said...

i was wondering when u'd comment, jul! i post these homey pix for u ;) so you'll COME HOME! j/k! ;) i can't wait to see u in just 30 days!

The Horaks said...

I like all your fall pix! So your wood wick candle has a crack in it??? How did that happen? Josie does look fun in her winter coat! She's such a silly dog! I'm glad you take such good care of her!