Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hats, Hats, Hats

Mrs. Schofield planned a Ladies Banquet entitled "Hats off to Ladies" last semester. The men made the meal and served each course - very delicious! Each lady that came wore a different hat and then got judged for the different things you can judge about hats (prettiest, most creative, ugliest, biggest, smallest, etc...) ;) Laura was part of the skit, hence the absolutely ridiculous hat she is wearing in the picture...decoy duck and all! haha! I pulled out my nurse hat that JaJu gave to me for my birthday ;) and also wore my graduation hat for part of the time since Mrs. Schofield had asked me to share a testimony about being a graduate along with other ladies sharing testimonies about the "different hats we wear." It was wierd to think of myself as a college graduate for one thing, but also to be asked to speak in front of the ladies of the church was a bit intimidating. Yet it was so neat to be able to share along with them how the Lord has worked in my life (Ps. 40:5 - "Many, O Lord my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thous hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to us-ward; they cannot be reckoned up in order unto Thee; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.") and to thank them all for how they have invested in my life (and continue to do so) from nearly the beginning by their example and through their prayers. (Titus 2:3-5) I am SO thankful for my church family!



2 comments:

The Horaks said...

WOW, Laura, that is quite the hat!! Where did you get it?! O wait, never mind...I guess I don't really want to know! ;)

Charity Dawn said...

Yup! Gotta love Laura's hat! You know, I think it would be fun to wear old fashioned hats sometimes. There are some really pretty ones. Seth wants me to wear a cowboy hat, but that's where I draw the line - unless I was going horse back riding or something like that!