Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Rodeo Fest

Saturday, September 29th, was Rodeofest. We did the rise and shine at 7:30 on a Saturday morning, but it was so worth it! Laura looked the best western of the three of us, but she had come to college prepared with a cowboy hat already - because she's already a hick - JUST KIDDING! heehee! By the time I made it to walmart, all the other Rodeofest people had bought all the Cowboy hats and yellow bandanas that had been there. O well. I guess my neck is too short anyways to cover the rest of it up with a bandana. Then I would just look like a head and shoulders! Ahahahaha! Anyways, Meg was a counselor for the day, so she went around to booths with kids, and also helped Laura run the basketball booth -- that's right -- Laura did basketball!! :) Hee, hee! But I hear her booth was very popular. We all were pretty beat by the end of the day, because they chased basketballs from 8 to 4 and I chased frogs all day from 8 to 4. (not real frogs). I got to run my booth with Jenna Kutz. We had a great time together. We had cute plastic little bug-eyed frogs , a launch table, a mallet, and tin can buckets. The idea of the game was to set a frog on the wooden launching contraption and the kids would hit the launcher with their "medium strength" (heehee!) to try to land it in one of the cans and then they could have candy and a punch in their card. But even if they didn't make it, they still got candy. There was a booth in the middle of the upstairs that was always busy and fun to watch. Kids would put on burger king crowns and then try to hit eachother's crown off with noodles. Emily Whitt came up and I got a picture of her playing. Bob Roberts was the speaker, and the Witness team did the special music. The Lord gave us beautiful weather between the rain the night before and the rain right after. The kids really had a good time, and a lot of them made decisions for the Lord:

Decisions that were recorded:
Anger - 3
Assurance - 5
Authority - 11
Devotions - 2
Friends - 1
Other - 2
Salvation - 4
Worldliness - 1

Praise the Lord for how He works! Please keep these kids that made decisions at Rodeofest -- and all the kids that came to Rodeofest in your prayers, that God would continue to do a work in their lives.

3 comments:

jules said...

glad that God used you, jess! i'm so proud of you for giving up your saturday to be a blessing to all the visiting kiddos :)
I LOVE YOU!

The Horaks said...

Looks like you had so much fun doing RodeoFest! I'm glad you took some pictures! The frog game is great; I ran that game at the Carnival every week of Family Camp the summer I worked at Northland. I remember how tired I got of picking up those dumb frogs! haha! ;D

Jess said...

that's so funny that you ran the same froggy booth, jenn! i didn't know that! haha! thanks for commenting :)