Friday, November 07, 2008

Fall Favorites

Fall is one of my favorite seasons! I love all the beautiful colors! I love being able to open all the windows all day to let in the clean crisp air without worrying about the house getting too hot or too cold. I love the smells that accompany the season change. I love seeing the farmers out in the fields (mostly just the ones with red tractors ;) heehee!) I love breaking out the new season's cozy sweaters and sweatshirts. I love eating soup or sipping on hot chocolate with marshmallows when I'm cold, and being warmed from the inside out. I love lighting candles around the house to give it that 'home sweet home' feeling. I love that Josie gets a ton of fur and looks like a mini golden bear. I love that almost anywhere you choose to eat, you now have the option to get pumpkin-whatever-you-feel-like: ice cream, muffin, pie, bread, cake, chai! mmm...I love getting my brand new pretty books for the school year and putting my into brain high gear for the semester (even though it can be stressful at times). I love anticipating the holidays when all the family comes together... I remember when I was little and we lived out on 8 to 10 acres in Truman, it was such a chore every fall to rake all those leaves (of course, we only had to do a couple acres), but it was so exciting at the same time, because we kids knew when we were done that we would have loads of leaves (piled high and wide behind the chicken house in addition to a pile under the crab apple tree) at our disposal to do whatever we wanted with. Of course, initially we did what every kid does: jump in them, bury each other in them, hide in them for a long time and then suddenly jump out and try to scare everyone...but we girls would then tote them around (much to mom and dad's dismay as we recovered the lawn with all the recently raked leaves) to make leaf "nests" and play stories....visiting each other's nests... Haha! Yeah, we were wierd girls - poor Jason....
I love fall!

3 comments:

jules said...

HAHAHAA! ok, the leaf part is HILARIOUS :) i can picture it all like it was yesterday - us with our "nests." we were weird girls - -
now that it is already november 10th tomorrow, and we got snow mostly all day (w/ no accumulation though :( ) i am getting SO excited for holidays coming - thanksgiving, christmas, new years... b/c like you said, all of them will involved seeing most of our family together, and seeing friends whom we haven't seen for quite some time.
miss you lots, and can't wait to see you again soon!!!

The Horaks said...

That's so funny! I was just thinking about the leaf piles the other day! :) I'm actually excited to rake our yard! Haha! You posted some really pretty pictures too!

Sara Marie said...

Are you going to blog something soon??? Just wondering? :)