Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Laura Visit!

Last weekend was aboslutely wonderful! Andrew and Laura finally came back to MN to visit for the first time since they got married in June. It seemed much longer ago that they had been here - but then once I saw Laura again, it suddenly seemed like it hadn't been that long ago since I'd seen her. When you're that close to someone it's very easy to just pick up where you left off. Saturday morning I headed to the Swenson's house, picked up Laura and then we headed off for some girl time in Mankato...the best town in our area for shopping and such...Our first stop was Target (because it had the closest parking places - Laura is so wonderful to shop with, because she likes driving around for close parking places just as much as me! and the only person I know who does! Heehee!) We found some funny coats we wanted to try on, but were having a hard time getting a picture in them. Self portraits are too close to get the whole look, but the mirror thing obviously wasn't working out for us either. We would have asked that employee to take a picture for us, but she was already doing us a favor by letting us take pictures in the first place - you're not supposed to take pictures in most stores, especially with their merchandise. I haven't much of a clue as to why, but I've been told plenty of times in about every store not to do it...but I always "forget" ;)We found these cool reading glasses in Contents. (It's a really cute crafty store). We decided that when we get old and need reading glasses, we will get fun ones like these. Then you can have a wild moment when you write a check or read a mall directory, or whatever....I don't know why I tried on a pair with a tag on it...We saw these super comfy slipper boots in Herbergers and HAD to try them on! We were laughing when we first saw them because they looked so hideous, but once we tried them on we both wanted to get them! SOOO COMFY! but also....expensive.Laurala and her boot slippersMe and my boot slippers
(We each tried on a matching scarf as well to complete the look)Towards the end of our shopping trip we got stuck in the Halloween store - these aren't even all the pictures we took AND we didn't even take pictures of all we tried on! It's quite addicting and SO lifelike! We were laughing and getting creeped out at the same time! (and - confession - trying not to think about all the people who had done the same thing...I never did get sick, though, so I just see it as a time for building up my immunity - haha!)
In the above picture, Laura is the old lady on the left and I'm the bearded man on the right.Creepy old ladyHAHAHA!VERY creepy old man!One of my favorites! Laura is Curly and I'm the Family Guy. :)AND I got to see the President! ;) We got home in the late afternoon and looked through Laura's wedding pictures and chatted until other people started to come. The Swensons had a family reunion with the Kluender side of the family. It was a great time! They had a cookout out back......and had a very large selection of food layed out on a flat bed trailer :) Very country :) Heehee!Andrew, Laura and Duke
Laura and I (the only normal picture we took - we forgot to take a picture together on Sunday :( boo)

Laura and Duke.

Laura - I had SUCH a WONDERFUL time with you! Thank you for everything! I can't wait to see you again - I hope it can be soon! I miss you and love you so much!

2 comments:

jules said...

great pictures - it's so fun to see all the fun shopping ones! makes me miss being around my "cupcakes" :) love you both!

The Horaks said...

Looks like you had SO much fun!!!! I loved all the pictures!