Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Staff Training Week

Staff training for Northland Camp started on May 30th. I still remember how the first day or week, ahem! I was really nervous, but now the people here are some of my closest friends! The theme this year is from Philippians 1:27 - 2:18: "Thinking Like Christ." It's been a very sobering study as I see Christ's love and humility in taking the lowest position in EVERY choice and His example as a servant though He was Lord over all. It is a constant challenge to me when I catch myself taking my personal interests over that of others or the many times that I grumble and complain throughout the day or struggle giving unconditional love to those around me. The first 2 weeks of camp are spiritually intense but it is so good not just in preparation for the rest of the summer as a counselor, but also in preparation for life. I'm so thankful for all the Lord is teaching me here. It has been amazing to see Him working in my life, the lives of fellow staff, and the lives of campers.
The first two pix are during one of the morning sessions: Alyssa Mitchell and Helaine (both dear friends from school)
The other 3 pictures are from the last night of staff training. We had a cheering competition (hence, Emily's PV war-paint) and then went to have a counselor rally time run through at children's groups. In the skit Bryce (my brother counselor) fell under the influence of Worldly the Kid and stole some candy so that's why he's in jail. But you would all be happy to know that by the end of the week both he and Worldly get straightened out, and Worldly the Kid turns into Chris the Christian. (ironic that his name really is Chris) :) But I don't have a picture of him cause he was hiding from the "police."

No comments: