Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Meet my Campers!

Here's my campers! We are the Rawhide girls! :) We had such a fun week together! It would be awesome to have as good of a cabin next teen week!

This is Faith. She made some important decisions that week and if you think to pray for her as she strives with the Lord's help to make them lasting decisions, that would be awesome! She wrote me such a sweet letter before she left.This is Emily Whitt. Most of you who read my blog probably already know her. It was so fun to have her in my cabin. Her and Jessie go to my extension church during school and camp, I guess :), so we'd been planning for this week with all our red stuff and were all excited and then it came and went so fast! I actually still get to see Emily around camp a lot since her dad works here, so that's fun! :)This is Christine. She is expeienced in Tae Kwon Do...thankfully, none of us girls ever had to experience her skills. Hee, hee! She was a sweetheart through and through. :)
This is Emily. Emily received Jesus Christ as her Savior on Tuesday night. I had been deeply burdened for her to be saved since our one-on-one. I had close friends praying for her and had mentioned her name in the counselor prayer meeting. It was amazing to see the power of prayer - God worked in her heart that very night and she was added into the family of God! She was beaming through the rest of the week, and it was neat to see her take steps of growth right away. In team meeting she was the only one to know the answer to Jon's question, "How does Jesus demonstrate humility in John 13?" She raised her hand good and high: "He washed the disciples' feet!" It was encouraging to me as a counselor to see her excited to know the answer because I knew that that was what she had learned in her personal devotions that morning. Another thing about Emily, she loved energy drinks, and boy did they get her high! She was a fabulous cheerer for team events. ;)
Here is Jessie Markham, whom you all probably know, too. She is my extension Pastor's daughter, and one of my good friends. She was a very hard worker memorizing her verses, and had the loudest scream on the team, I think! Even when she got plagued by a nasty cold!
This is Callie. Callie always had funny stories to tell. We had fun getting to know each other during our one on one. She also worked very hard on her verses right up to the end. I was proud of her for not giving up!
Here's all my girls plus one right before they piled into the van to leave :( They were so much fun and so sweet! They wrote me the sweetest letter and poem ever! I miss them already! They were all very tender girls. The Lord worked in each of their hearts and gave them the courage to share their testimonies on Friday night. God is so good.

3 comments:

Sara Marie said...

Sounds like Camp went great and alot of decisions were made. Hopefully that they will stick with the decisions. I know it will be hard. Looks like you have a great tan going on too! Hope you are feeling great health wise... keep me updated!

Charity Dawn said...

Thanks for posting pictures Jess! It is so nice to be able to see what's going on for you at camp. Glad to hear all is well! Did you hear about Kevin Charles Streblow? EEEeee!!!

The Horaks said...

I can tell they all loved you! ;)