Sunday, April 02, 2006

Happy Golden Birthday, Laura!

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Laura
Happy Birthday to You!
It was so neat that Laura got to be at Home Sweet Home for her GOLDEN birthday! I know she had a lot of fun! It was also neat that her birthday was on a Sunday, because then we were able to see each other ON her birthday! We brought her presents to church, and had a mini party for her after the service. Thank you so much Laura, for being such a dear friend to me for the past 17 years - or maybe I should say 16 since we didn't get along too well that first year ;) We've had so much fun together, and I'm just so thankful the Lord has blessed me with a friend like you.
Friendship with you...
...laughing at the same things
...one dessert and two forks
...really being understood
...never running out of things to talk about
...borrowing each other's clothes
...knowing someone by heart
...being accepted unconditionally
...having someone to cheer you on
...picking up right where you left off
...there when when you need it
...quick to listen
...slow to judge
...ready to shop
...has more fun than it really makes sense to be having
...makes me smile even when you're not around
...calls just to say 'hi'
...knows everything about me and loves me anyways
...finish each other's sentences
...know what the other is thinking
...makes me laugh like no one else can
...words are optional
...keeps secrets
...laughs at my jokes
...still laughs when i tell a joke completely wrong
...makes the good things better and the bad things not so bad by simply being there
...doesn't mind when I sing along with the music in the car, but sings with me
...chases away the blues
...laughs away the time
...always encourages
...the best cure for a bad day
...always has a warm and wonderful way of making me feel loved
Your friendship gives me a smiley kind of feeling. :)
I love you, Laura! :)

4 comments:

Laura Kimbrough said...

aw, thanks jess!!!! i think my favorite one was..."being friends with you means having more fun than it makes sense to be having!" hahaha! that's the story of our lives! (or maybe it could be tweaked: "laughing more than it makes sense to be laughing" :)) you have been the sweetest friend ever!! i love you a million pink cupcakes! :))

Anonymous said...

That totally describes the two of you!! Happy belated golden birthday Laura!! I love you both!

Anonymous said...

Happy Golden 19th Birthday, Laura!!! I love you!! You girls are so cute!! Love, Mom Rabe

The Horaks said...

Happy Birthday, Laura!