Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Races from the Sponsor Box!

Grandpa Mel has owned Mel Carlson Chevrolet in Truman, MN for about 30 years. The last few years whenever he sponsors the Fairmont races, he invites us to invite friends and watch for free with him in the box seats! He's so sweet! I went with Charise Schofield this year. Between Grandpa Mel's jokes, the funny commentators, the people who'd had a little too much who were up there in the box with us, and of course the races, we had a grand time together! :)




Here's our excited faces because the car we wanted to win the heat was winning!I finished my water, and got tired of my sunglasses being on my head, and we had our tickets out in case we won anything when they read off ticket numbers, so we made a little aquafina friend :)This is the car that won the final race of the hobbystocksHere is the Mel Carlson Chevrolet Sponsor truck. Before each of the races it leads each group of cars on their warm up laps. I couldn't get a very good picture of it cause it was so fast! heehee! or maybe I'm just not a very good photographer...but it was a very cool truck! And finally, here is the winner of the Modified 360's - those are my favorites! They are SO fast, and the rumble of their engines always vibrates straight through to my bones!

1 comment:

The Horaks said...

Looks like you and Charise had so much fun! I miss Grandpa Mel! He is so kind! I think it would be so cool to be up in the box at the races...I've never gotten to do that! Lucky! ;)