Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Christmas Program


My first Sunday home was definitely a highlight! I was very excited that Laura and I got to come home in time for our church's Christmas program - I've never missed it! It was especially exciting to see that there were SO many people there! Mom had been keeping me updated over the phone of how many kids had been coming to the childrens' Wednesday night program, and coming in on the bus, etc...but nothing had prepared me for the 176 people that were there for the Christmas program! The church was packed! It was neat to see how much our church has grown even just over the one semester I was gone. I am thankful for our Pastor, and our church family that is so willing to minister and reach out - God has definitely been working and blessing our church through them. It was so fun to see everyone again - makes me want to go home again! Only 44 days till spring break, though. And until then, I am definitely enjoying college :)

2 comments:

jules said...

that was really awesome to see how God has been working.
thanks for updating jess!!!! i had so much fun reading through all that...
(don't stop now ;)

Laura Kimbrough said...

YES! that was the most amazing Sunday!! I remember just standing in the back while i was helping with costumes NOT believing what i was seeing!! it's so sad not being at church bc we're at college, but it sure is fun & exciting to come back & see all the changes and new faces. :)